"The Shopper's Guide To Healthy Foods by Professor Paul Zimmet gives a great explanation of how to do this. A brief overview and some tips below
* Use fresh foods where ever you can when planning meals
* Eat breakfast lunch and dinner every day
* Familiarise yourself with good fats and not so good fats
* Understand how fibre, sugar and salt intake affects your diet and body
* Understand Glycemic Index and why it is important to apply when choosing your ingredients
* Promote excercise in your home, by example. Kids notice.
Packaged foods are preserved by using either ultra heat treatment, pasteurisation, evaporation, adding salt or sugar or irradiation. And if you think that sounds scary, well so do I!
The most nutritious and safest method of preservation is freezing. So keep cooking all those great recipes and remember what you can't eat immediately, freeze. Check out my Low Gi December recipe of the month in the Yummy Bubby recipe section of Good Recipes.
Have a great Christmas everyone and I'll see you in the New Year. To win one of 10 Sweet Bula gift certificates go to www.yummybubby.com and Register to WIN!